Wednesday, August 4, 2021.

 I wrote the article "Happiness in This World" on January 15th (p.681, Nichiren Buddhism Library). There, I introduced the part from "Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy." to "Strengthen your power of faith more than ever.". 

I like to refer to the former part of that today. That is, the following; Though worldly troubles may arise, never let them disturb you; No one can avoid problems, not even sages or worthies; Drink sake only at home with your wife, and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

 I and my wife have no habit of drinking sake now, however it is not an important part above the reference. The significance of the reference is the part of "No one can avoid problems, not even sages or worthies". 

The biggest problem for us is death because we never escape death without exception. It is the so-called "memento mori" in western civilization. 

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Monday, November 8, 2021.

Wednesday, 4 November, 2020.